11.17.2008

Brandon

Just over a week ago, I flew to Arizona to attend the memorial service of my cousin Brandon.
It was a busy, emotional weekend.
It was very touching to drive up and see fire truck 37 parked outside the building. It's the truck that responded. Aunt Deanna was telling us that Brandon was in Company 37 in the Army, he was killed on 37th Street, and truck 37 responded from Fire Department 37. Kind of gives you goosebumps...

Article in Arizona paper


Here is the cutie pie that Brandon left behind. His name is Dakoda, and he was too cute! He had a birthday just a few days before Brandon died. I held Dakoda a bit and smothered him with kisses and hugs. Not one complaint from him. His Aunt Lisa assures me he's not perfect, though. Don't you love his hair?
A picture of a picture - Brandon and his twin brother, Jason. I know he'll be missed by many.
The upside of my quick AZ trip - getting to see my twin brother, Donald and his sweetheart of a wife, Erika! I cannot believe it's been over two years since I last saw them. They are now residents of Alabama and a lot further away. We hope to get out to visit them this next summer. I've only been around Erika twice now, but I feel as if I've known her forever. We had a great time together.

Now we're looking forward to Thanksgiving Break. We actually leave this Thursday after the kids get out of school. They are excited about visiting Disneyland. First time for Jaeden and Brooklyn and second for Jordan.

Wishing you a happy week! Hard to believe 2008 is almost over!!!

4 comments:

Janalee said...

that IS eerie about the 37 stuff.

Anita said...

Read the article- what an awful thing for the family to have to deal with.

Alan&Julia Bridges said...

Sorry to hear about this happening to your family. Would I have ever met him? Have a great T-Day! We will be in Pinetop AZ.

Anonymous said...

Oh Anita, that just breaks my heart...so sorry to hear about your loss. May God bless him and his family...he was truly one of our heros for the sacrafices he made serving our country!