10.11.2008

The Pumpkin Train

We've been wanting to take the kids on this local steam engine for a ride. A few months ago, we saw them advertise a "Pumpkin Train" ride for this weekend only. I clipped it out and it's been on our fridge so we wouldn't forget. The day to go finally came!
Keith has been helping his secretary re-roof her house (don't analyze it too much) and since he underestimated the time it'd take to get it done, he had to go back today to finish (still not done, hmmmm). Jordan asked if I'd drop him off at the track so he could race his RC truck, and I decided to do the train ride with Jaeden and Brooklyn. The newspaper said it was $3 admission per person. Being the cheap person I've turned into (thanks to hubby), I grumbled (inside) when they told me that for the three of us it'd be $15. What??? 3+3+3 didn't equal 15 in my math book. I mentioned it, and they said the "Pumpkin" ride was $5 each. Well, why didn't they put that in the ad? The train ride itself was a bit of a disappointment, but someone mentioned that some of the track might still be in disrepair from our Dec. '07 flood (click for photos).
My cheap feelings were soothed upon disembarking when the kids were handed a goodie bag each and told they could get a pumpkin out of the "patch". I hadn't realized it was a package deal!



It was worth every penny of the $15!
Happy Pumpkin Time to all our friends and family!
Love, The Hansens

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful pictures.
Nice blog.

Please visit:

http://smart-family.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.

Good luck.

Jason, Donna and KIDS! said...

That looks like fun!!

gillysoose said...

What does it mean when the weather cools and the leaves fall off the tree? Haven't seen that for awhile. The train is just what Torey would have liked. Miss you.

Troy, Lisa, and Braden said...

Looks like fun! I love anything pumpkin in the fall...add a train to the equation for kids, and you've got a winner!

DoRe' said...

Anita, you are too funny! I hate it when my math doesn't add up, too! ;-9

I was just thinking about the Polar Express this morning, and remembering reading about some Santa train ride they have during December in Seattle or something--I want to do that with MY girls this year! :) I don't remember details, only that you get hot cocoa, too, and, well,as you can imagine, I was sold! ;-9 Hot cocoa gets me every time....:D

Well, my dear, all for now; girls will be home soon from school. Think of you all the time; we need to get our kids better acquainted, you know! Do you wander much to the Kitsap Mall these days? I haven't seen you there in years! :)

Have a great weekend!
*Hugs*
DoRe'

K 'n' K said...

Ahhhh, pumpkins! Hey, Grateful Bread Bakery has pumpkin/cream cheese scones now! Yummers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anita and family,
Good to see the pics and I completely understand the math! But I just paid $4.oo for a pumpkin and didn't get a train ride! Take care

Anonymous said...

Hey Fruitcake! Really wish we could see you soon! I got mom and dad tickets out here for Christmas, so they have no excuse. Matter of fact, I'm sending them someplace they've never been - they have a layover in Washinton, D.C. Wierd, let's go from Arizona to Alabama by way of D.C.??? Sad part is it's on Christmas Eve and they only have a short layover, so they'll only get to see the airport and not much more, but am hoping they'll at least look out the window when they fly in and out of there. Anyways... Lots of Love, Donald!!!