4.24.2008

Our Caribbean Cruise - Part 4

Thursday - Belize

Being tendered (there's that word again) from the ship - looking towards Belize.

This pretty much summed up this port for us. Keith and I took the little ones souvenir shopping while Jordan went with cousins on a tour. They ended up paying too much $$ just to be driven 10 minutes away and back. The beach they wanted to go to was a man made swimming hole and the people wanted to charge an admission fee to boot. Belize didn't make a good impression on us, but maybe if we'd managed to get beyond the tourist part it would have. We decided to head back early after the kids did their shopping and let them go swimming, etc on the ship.
The happy shoppers.
Wouldn't Uncle Ralph make a great 1st Mate or some such person? He looks like the official lookout. Think he must have been hanging on to his hat so it wouldn't fly off into the wet-n-wild blue yonder.

Headed back to the ship. Lovely turquoise waters - best part of Belize (that we saw).

Proof we really were there.

Oh yes, it was our anniversary this day as well. Number 9. Hubby forgot it though. I don't think remembering it late in the afternoon really counts - do you? Okay, I'm being a bit harsh. But still... I suppose it'll be memorable because of that. At least for me, if not for him.

Then Jaeden had a sunburn to boot and I had to spend dinner cooped up in the room with him while Daddy took Brooklyn as his dinner date. And nope, dear hubby didn't think to bring me dinner or even a smidgen of the yummy melted chocolate cake that was on the menu every night. Have to vouch for room service though! The tuna salad on an English muffin was tasty.

I had just tucked Jaeden into bed - thought he was wide awake still. I went to set our tray outside the door and turned to go back in only to realize I'd locked myself out - my key card was inside. Tried knocking but Jaeden had already fallen asleep. Just my luck! I tried getting a cleaning person to let me in, but he wouldn't (I'm sure they have to take proper and secure measures to make sure it was really my room). Just as I was feeling frustrated and a tad bit frantic, I turned around and Keith was coming down the hall. Perfect timing!

Quite an anniversary. One for the books.




No comments: