1.20.2011

Upcycled Door

We've hauled this old door around for a couple of years now.  I thought it'd be fun to turn it into something useful so I showed Keith a few ideas of cupboards I'd saved and he built this wonderful piece to fit the door.  Need to seal it when the weather is better to preserve the wonderful chippy patina and rusted doorknob.  Want to possibly whitewash the rest of the cupboard or at least the trim.  What do you think?
I can't stand going more than a few days without decorating something, so of course this got the 'Anita treatment'.  : )  Found bits and pieces around the house that I enjoy and threw together some vignettes on the shelves.  Of course, I meant for this to be totally functional - not just decorative.  But for now, I'm enjoying the "pretties". 


The milk glass vases I've collected from thrift stores and Goodwill, have already found their way to our bedroom and the inside of the cupboard is currently sporting a more simple coastal theme.  But I'm thinking it'll revert back to garden-y very soon.  I'm already thinking I want this piece in a corner of the master bedroom to hold quilts and such.  Hmmmm....  I have ever-so-many projects in this mind of mine.  Now if Hubs just had the time required.  Gotta love him!

1 comment:

Marla said...

Anita, you are absolutely SO CREATIVE! I love what you've done with this door.