7.22.2010

Right Place, Right Time

We couldn't believe our good fortune when Keith was driving by a neighbor's house last week. The man was wheeling these out to the lane and Keith commented on how neat they were and what might he be doing with them? The neighbor told him he was going to put them out by the main road and put a FREE sign by them, but if we were interested we could just take them. I think my husband finally "gets" me!

These make me smile every time I see them. I love their colors, the little bits of rust, the fenders, the matching metallic seats and handlebars, the perfect sounding bell on the blue bike (which Jaeden thought he could commandeer for his own bike - as if!).
The coveted and treasured bell
Boo has even ridden it around a few times. They are in great shape (in spite of the rust) for how old they must be.
I recently saw a saying that I love - "My heart will always be ~ in a little cottage by the sea." Yup, these would be perfect by said cottage. ♥♥♥

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oooooh.....I'm positively drooling!! I love them!! I was up at mom & dad's this past weekend and drug them to an antique store up there and found the most wonderful little antique child size rocker----all worn in the right spots. But I'm telling ya....yours are the best....free!! :) (Of course, mine wasn't too shabby....mom & dad bought it for me, lol)

K 'n' K said...

oh wow, those are awesome!!!!