11.30.2010

Dairy Farm

We spent the Turkey Holiday at Keith's uncle's dairy farm in BC.  Brooklyn was in LOVE with these sweet babies, and who could blame her!?!  She spent a lot of her time visiting them and bottle feeding them.  Most of the calves in this area were about 2 weeks old.
 This little darling was only 2 days old.


 The pens for the older calves.
Showing off their rubber boots.  The ground seemed even more mucky because of the recent snow that had just melted after raining all night.
 The feeding barn.
 Jaeden sitting on a tractor.  He got to go for a couple of rides on them with Keith's cousins.


 Keith's mother's maiden name is Newman and this is her brother's dairy.
One of two silos on this property.
I cannot believe I forgot to take pics of the milking barn!  When I went through it, it was all dark, and I didn't get up at 5:30 AM for the first milking.  Next time...  Jaeden, however, was ALWAYS up early to help out with the milking.  He loved every minute of being on the farm.  I would have to say we ALL did!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Having grown up on a dairy farm, I really miss cows and calves! Great you had some time on the farm.