3.25.2009

Signs of Spring

Usually, I seem to prefer a palette of just one or two colors with flower groupings, but this year I am enjoying the showy, mixed colors. I have a whole new appreciation for them and am loving each sign of spring!
Faithful primroses
Sunny daffodils Keith brought home last night. They were closed, and the kids and I have enjoyed watching them open up one by one.

I'm thinking it'd be fun to attend the Daffodil Parade and Festival. I'm also looking forward to visiting some tulip fields here and here in the next few weeks. I'd love to see them some day in the Netherlands. Nothing like getting in the mood for spring!

The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness." ~Therese of Lisieux

2 comments:

K 'n' K said...

beautiful flowers!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers!!
Do you remember our trip up to BC & you asked if the flowers were real???
The difference between here & there:(( I love those beautiful flowers. We are enjoying the weather here right now,sunshine.